Post-Thanksgiving 2016 Newsletter
Greetings, friends and fans!
About time for me to let you know what's going on in one of my twice or thrice-yearly newsletters! Believe me, I haven't forgotten you—I hope you haven't forgotten me! Well then. Here's what's happening:
* The new album is to be called Soul In Exile 3: Love Runs Aground, and its release is set for January 2017. Recording, mixing, and mastering is complete, thanks to the indefatigable Adam Vaccarelli at Retromedia Sound in Red Bank, NJ! Post-production is in full swing now, with cover design in the works, and replication/distribution lined up through Oasis Disc Manufacturing. In addition to the album, each of the songs will be released as "maxi-singles" online (and if fans clamor for it, in real time/hard copy as well) when and after the album is released. When the album is released, I plan on having at least two release event/party/gigs, one in Long Beach (my hometown) and another in Asbury Park (the place sung about in the album), and maybe more beyond. While you're waiting for the album's release (and I know you are, with bated breath!), you can preview the songs here.
* I have a few live appearances lined up:
I'll be playing keys with classic-rock cover band The Stuff at The Bitter End, 147 Bleecker Street (between Thompson and LaGuardia), Greenwich Village, New York City, on Wednesday, December 14, 2016. Doors open at 6:00 pm.
I'll be putting in an appearance with Walker and the Brotherhood of the Grape at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill, 237 West 42nd Street (Times Square area), New York City, on Wednesday, January 11, 2017. Doors open at 6:00 pm.
And I am proud to announce that for the fifth year, I will be performing at Singer Songwriter Cape May, which will take place the weekend of March 24-25, 2017. Details will be broadcast as they become available.
(See venue websites for cover charge information.)
* Be sure to visit my website [hint: you're on it already!]! It includes the usual goodies you expect of a musician's website: music, videos, bio, and concert updates! And of course, it includes my blog, of which I am particularly proud! In my blog, I let the world know what is going on in The Hesh's universe, in terms of music, creativity, and life! And once a week, I post a different original lyric—some of officially released songs, but more from the vault! Check it out and check in regularly!
* My already-released albums are available on CD Baby, ReverbNation, and Bandcamp. Be sure to check out the special edition of Soul In Exile 2: Jersey Shore Baby, with the two virtual album sides mastered as singular, discrete tracks. If you like to listen to albums end to end, like back in the glory days of the LP, this is for you!
* Have you been to or hosted a house concert yet? House concerts are unique, delightful experiences in which you and your closest friends can experience a singer-songwriter's live performance in an intimate setting. I have done this before, both as performer and spectator—it is a rewarding experience for all. If you wish to book me for a house concert in your home, please send me a private email and we can discuss details and arrangements.
So, these are the comings, goings, and doings of The Hesh! I hope you are enjoying the music, and I would love to meet you in person at one or more of my upcoming shows!
Have a great holiday season!
a/k/a The Hesh Inc.